Tuesday 3 March 2020

I know you can recover from an eating disorder, but not in a system on its knees

I know you can recover from an eating disorder, but not in a system on its knees | Lorna Collins Although community-based treatment can improve outcomes, it must not be at the expense of vital inpatient services

No single treatment or approach works for every patient experiencing an eating disorder. I know from my own tortuous experiences, both with and without treatment, that it is extremely hard to get help, and there is too little money in the system to provide enough care.

But I also know it is possible to get help and to recover. Hope is crucial for those with eating disorders, as well as carers and health professionals. The aim of eating disorders awareness week, which runs from 2-8 March, is to break down stigma, help more people understand these disorders and bring hope about recovery. The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment