Friday, 15 November 2013
Hospital staff in Northampton raise concerns about child abuse ‘four times a day’ Abuse alerts about children are being spotted by staff at Northampton General Hospital at a rate of more than four a day. Northampton Chronicle and Echo
GPs 'to go extra mile' for frailest The 100,000 most frail patients in England will be identified and given a named GP to co-ordinate their care, BBC News
- Press release: Personalised GP care will bring back old-fashioned family doctors Department of Health
- 2014/15 GMS contract changes for England NHS Employers
- RCGP response to changes to GP contract Royal College of General Practitioners
- GPs will have to monitor effectiveness of out-of-hours services used by their patients The Independent
- New GP contract heralds return of 'proper doctors' The Daily Telegraph
- Hunt hopes new GP contract will solve A&E crisis The Guardian
Saving money, losing sight This report finds that delays in diagnosis, treatment and follow-up care are resulting in people losing their sight needlessly. The research is based on findings from an RNIB survey sent to staff in eye clinics across England. Staff were asked about current and future capacity in their eye department, the impact of insufficient capacity on patient care and possible solutions.
National audit of intermediate care 2013 This audit aims to provide an overview of intermediate care commissioning and provision in England. In 2012, the audit focused on health based bed and home intermediate care services. In 2013, the study has been extended to cover crisis response and social care re-ablement services.
Seven-day NHS could lead to changes in care standards Reorgansied health services might mean better specialist care.
Charity claims loneliness is the reason one in 10 visit their GP
As many as one in 10 patients who visit GP surgeries could be visiting not because they are medically unwell, but because they are lonely, a charity has claimed. The Independent.
Colchester General Hospital placed in special measures over cancer waiting time claims
The hospital at the centre of a police investigation over allegations staff changed cancer waiting times figures has been placed in special measures. The Independent
- Scandal cancer trust placed in special measures The Daily Telegraph
- Colchester hospital put into special measures over cancer care claims The Guardian
- Colchester put into special measures E-Health Insider
- Cancer hospital in special measures BBC News