Wednesday 17 April 2019

Those left behind by the contaminated blood scandal shouldn’t have to fight for support

Those left behind by the contaminated blood scandal shouldn’t have to fight for support | Su Gorman My husband was a victim of the contaminated blood scandal. His death started my Kafkaesque battle with bureaucracy

My husband, Steve Dymond, was a mild haemophiliac and a victim of the contaminated blood scandal. He was a funny, clever, gentle man for whom tributes have not ceased, since he finally died in late December, aged 62. In the 1970s he was infected with hepatitis C after being given contaminated blood products on the NHS – 4,800 British haemophiliacs were infected with the product at the time and many have subsequently died.

When I kissed his cheek for the last time and then stepped out into that lonely night, I had no idea what was awaiting me. The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment