Monday 11 December 2017

I’m quitting as a hospital boss: dire NHS funding problems give me no choice | Bob Kerslake

I’m quitting as a hospital boss: dire NHS funding problems give me no choice | Bob Kerslake Our deficit at King’s College hospital, London, means we will be put into financial special measures, while what the NHS really needs is a fundamental rethink

I have this weekend decided to stand down from my role as chair of King’s College hospital, London.

This was not a decision that I took lightly. I love King’s and have the highest regard for the people who work there. But in the end I have concluded that the government and its regulator, NHS Improvement, are simply not facing up to the enormous challenges that the NHS is currently facing. This is especially true in London where the demands of a rapidly growing population are not being matched by the extra resources we need.

The right thing for me to do therefore is to step down and to do so publicly Continue reading... The Guardian

See also:

No comments:

Post a Comment