Monday 11 December 2017

I'm a doctor, and in October I tried to commit suicide. I ended up as a patient on the very hospital wards I work on - The Independent

I'm a doctor, and in October I tried to commit suicide. I ended up as a patient on the very hospital wards I work on My time as an inpatient brought home to me, in a way no other experience ever could, the scale of the problem before us


Last weekend saw the walkout en masse of social mobility tsar Alan Milburn and all three of his fellow commissioners. In his resignation letter, Milburn, a former Labour cabinet minister, stated that the Government lacks “the necessary bandwidth to ensure the rhetoric of healing social division is matched with the reality”.

Sadly, much like the noble cause of improving social mobility, a gulf now exists in mental health care between the rhetoric and the reality of government policy. The Independent

No comments:

Post a Comment