Friday 4 August 2017

People can live with mental illness. I am living proof of this

People can live with mental illness. I am living proof of this Art allowed me to express myself in a way I had never done before. I’ve come so far since my desperate suicide attempt

When I was growing up in the 1970s, mental health issues were not widely understood or discussed.

One morning when I was eight-years-old, I woke up in bed and felt funny, I was shaking. It had come out of the blue. I was terrified and didn’t know what was going on. I was diagnosed with a case of “bad nerves” and prescribed a few days off school. I now know this was my first panic attack, but I would not get a proper diagnosis of my mental health problems for more than 20 years. Continue reading... The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment