Monday 30 November 2020

Standing shoulder to shoulder: nursing with courage and compassion

Standing shoulder to shoulder: nursing with courage and compassion Shaped by my parents’ and my personal values, I was lucky to know early on what I wanted to do with my life – to become a nurse. Today my career has far superseded my childhood aspirations. I have worked for the National Health Service for more than 25 years in a number of organisational cultures, some of which I thrived in and others I just survived. These experiences, both positive and negative, impacted on my confidence, self-esteem and growth. As a black senior nurse I recognise the struggle many people of difference have in their leadership journey. I am passionate about promoting fairness, leading with compassion and creating culture where people can bring their best selves to work. The King's Fund 

No comments:

Post a Comment