Monday 17 February 2020

A drug can stop HIV infection – so why isn't it available on the NHS in England?

A drug can stop HIV infection – so why isn't it available on the NHS in England? Major studies have shown that the prophylactic PrEP effectively ends the threat of contracting HIV. But gay men and other users are currently left to self-source it online

In August 2017, George was living in Glasgow when he received a call from his partner in South America. They had remained together despite the distance, a physical rather than emotional separation. George answered, and the voice on the other end of the phone dissolved into tears.

“He had just been diagnosed with HIV,” says George. “I was worried about him. I was worried for myself and my future health. And I was worried about what my family would think.” The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment