Tuesday 5 November 2019

’We’re here and you’re there’: lived experiences of ethnic minority staff in the NHS

’We’re here and you’re there’: lived experiences of ethnic minority staff in the NHS Earlier this year, I wrote about our research focusing on race inequalities in the NHS workforce. As part of the work, we asked people from an ethnic minority background who work in the NHS to share their lived experiences. As a woman of colour in the minority at work, I find race an uncomfortable topic to talk about; I’m cautious about talking openly in case I am judged for it. So I was taken aback by how many people got in touch from various minority ethnic backgrounds, working across health care. I prepared myself to hear about some ugly stories of prejudice and racism. The King's Fund

No comments:

Post a Comment