Monday 30 September 2019

Pressure on NHS is breaking doctors’ morale, says psychiatrist

Pressure on NHS is breaking doctors’ morale, says psychiatrist Dr Julia Patterson of campaign group EveryDoctor tells why she quit health service ‘cut back to its very bones’

Julia Patterson recalls clearly the moment she decided she had to quit two things she treasured – practising medicine and working in the NHS – in order to safeguard her own mental health. “I loved my job,” she said. “I love psychiatry, but I could no longer go to work every day without tackling what was happening.”

She broke down to her husband: “I told him I just couldn’t send another homeless mentally ill patient out on to the streets after they’d arrived in A&E at 3am, suicidal and alone.” The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment