Friday 2 August 2019

'Sometimes I'm proud. Other times I'm ashamed': a letter to new junior doctors

'Sometimes I'm proud. Other times I'm ashamed': a letter to new junior doctors I’ve loved my first year as a junior doctor, despite the emotional turmoil. Here’s my advice for those about to start the journey

To my new junior doctor colleagues just starting out,

A year ago I was standing in a packed lift, going up and heading into the unknown. Hospitals are full of worried people – those waiting for test results, those going to see their unwell relatives, the recently bereaved. People whose lives are spiralling out of control. But as I stood in this lift full of the emotions of others I was preoccupied by my own anxieties, waiting to start my first day as a doctor. The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment