Thursday 25 July 2019

‘It’s 70 years since Windrush and we’re still fighting for top jobs’: the programme backing BME nurses

‘It’s 70 years since Windrush and we’re still fighting for top jobs’: the programme backing BME nurses NHS staff from BME backgrounds are more likely to face discrimination and bullying, and less likely to land senior roles

Six months ago Aisha Okafor (not her real name), in her 30s, was ready to quit her job as a nurse and leave the NHS.

“I got to the point where I thought [nursing] wasn’t for me anymore, where I forgot what I was doing here – which was to care and look after the service users. I was starting to lose that motivation,” she says.

If you have more diversity, you're more likely to have inclusive patient care. The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment