Monday, 22 October 2018

Ambulance choke man's death 'accidental', inquest rules

Ambulance choke man's death 'accidental', inquest rules The death of a mental health patient who choked on a McDonald's meal in an ambulance has been ruled accidental.

David Scales, 68, requested the food at Watford Gap services on the M1 in Northamptonshire, as he was taken from London to Leeds on 3 January 2017.

He fell unconscious and died on 11 January at Northampton General Hospital after a week in a coma.

An inquest jury said information about his current choking risk had not been made available to ambulance staff. BBC Northamptonshire

No comments:

Post a comment