Friday 18 May 2018

I wanted to find out how my baby died. Instead I got dishonesty and hostility | James Titcombe

I wanted to find out how my baby died. Instead I got dishonesty and hostility | James Titcombe The revelation of years of failures at Furness general hospital is bad enough, the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s shameful response compounds it.

In November 2008 my nine-day-old son, Joshua, died in truly terrible circumstances, as a consequence of failures in his care at Furness general hospital, part of the University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS foundation trust. Joshua’s death instantly turned my life upside down. But as I began to seek answers as to what exactly happened and why, nothing could have prepared me for the years of dishonesty, obfuscation and, at times, outright hostility that followed.

Critical records of Joshua’s care went missing, statements from staff were dishonest, investigations were superficial, the organisations that should have been taking action to ensure the maternity services at Morecambe Bay were safe instead acted to reassure each other that everything was OK. Continue reading... The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment