Wednesday 14 February 2018

'I missed serving my country': the military veterans joining the NHS

'I missed serving my country': the military veterans joining the NHS Step into Health works with 50 trusts to match the skills of former military personnel to careers in the health service

Richard Lloyd had dedicated 28 years to the armed forces when he moved with his family to Cumbria to run a guesthouse. But after four years he found something was missing. “I missed the cut and thrust of being in a big team. I missed that camaraderie, and doing service for the country,” he says.

Lloyd had spent his working life stationed in Iraq and assisting with peacekeeping operations in Bosnia in the early 2000s. He never thought he would find a second career in the NHS. But the 52-year-old veteran is one of a growing number of former military personnel carving out lives in the health service. Continue reading... The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment