Wednesday 15 November 2017

'We are a force to be reckoned with': voices of newly qualified nurses

'We are a force to be reckoned with': voices of newly qualified nurses Those entering nursing now are faced with increased responsibility in a challenging NHS environment. Here’s what they think.

Nursing isn’t what I expected it to be, there’s never enough time for patient contact which really saddens me. Nurses are now mainly office-based and have to delegate the patient contact to healthcare workers. I often class a good shift as one where I have managed to sit down and talk to someone who needed me. I finish most shifts feeling guilty and wake up in the middle of the night and remember things I didn’t have time to do. The stress of the job is unbelievable.

It seems more of an uphill battle to get what is deserved and to get the kind of respect nurses used to get Continue reading... The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment