Thursday 26 October 2017

Sick children like my daughter don't get enough information – so I made an app

Sick children like my daughter don't get enough information – so I made an app When my daughter had cancer she was told nothing about hospital environments or her treatment. I want to use her experience to benefit others

Tuesday 29 November 2011 was the darkest of days. On that day six years ago, my wife and I listened in stunned silence as we were given the news that our 13-year-old daughter, Issy, had a rare bone cancer called Ewing’s sarcoma.

That was the start of a year of treatment that involved six hospitals, 18 rounds of chemotherapy, numerous blood transfusions, a failed stem cell harvest, an operation to remove her sacrum and an eight-week NHS-funded trip to the US, where she received proton beam therapy. Continue reading... The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment