Wednesday 11 October 2017

Co-production: everybody's talking about it but am I really doing it?

Co-production: everybody's talking about it but am I really doing it? A conversation with members of the Health Foundation Alumni Mental Health Group (a supportive group of Health Foundation Fellows working in mental health) made me reflect on my experiences with a subject that seems to be on everyone’s lips… co-production.

Co-production has become a buzzword among those commissioning, designing and improving quality in mental health services. And mental health services are ahead of the field in this. With its roots in the civil rights movement, co-production is advocated or supported by commissioners, charities, institutes and government departments. But it should also be at the heart of what doctors do in day-to-day clinical practice. Reflecting on this helps me to remember the radical nature of the concept and keep a critical eye on how ‘co-productive’ I really am. The Health Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment