Tuesday 18 July 2017

Chatbot docs

Chatbot docs Could health apps and chatbots eventually replace your traditional doctor?

"Let's talk about how you've been feeling over the past 30 days," says Joy. "This will help me get a sense for your current state."

Joy probes a bit deeper, asking a series of questions: Do I feel hopeless? Do I feel restless? When I respond that I'm a bit stressed, Joy offers me several de-stressing techniques.

Joy might appear to be my counsellor or my life coach, but the conversation I'm having is actually with a chatbot that uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to track emotions and provide mental health support - all through Facebook Messenger.

Welcome to healthcare in the digital age, where smartphone owners have access to their very own doctors and therapists at the touch of a button. BBC News

No comments:

Post a Comment