Thursday 15 June 2017

As overdose deaths hit record levels, drug and alcohol services face massive cuts

As overdose deaths hit record levels, drug and alcohol services face massive cuts Investigation finds cuts-hit councils in England are slashing budgets and access to treatment, despite the UK being Europe’s drugs death capital

Kevin Jaffray had been addicted to heroin for 20 years when he finally sought help in prison. “I was in prison more than out. I’d been living in a tent in Bournemouth. I’d lost everything, I was broken. I was overdosing once or twice a week. I was dicing with death every day. Prison was a relief.”

The cuts are the legacy of the ending of what had been an effective ring fence on drug treatment in 2013 Continue reading... The Guardian

See also:

No comments:

Post a Comment