Wednesday 22 March 2017

To stop doctors ending their lives, we need to hear from those suffering

To stop doctors ending their lives, we need to hear from those suffering The revelation that four junior doctors have taken their own lives in recent months obliges us to look at why doctors with mental illnesses don’t speak up

The ceilings soar impressively high, the stained-glass windows are exquisite, and the satin-adorned pews stretch majestically to the dignified altar. Amid the silence punctuated by the barest of sobs, I spot doctors whom I have long lost track of. And row upon row of nurses, still tight years later. As we wait for the service to begin, we imagine we are all silently interrogating our memories about each other. Time parted us for decades before we have gathered in such dreadful circumstances.

“I wanted you to hear it from me,” a colleague had said, audibly upset on the phone. I nearly collided with the pavement when I heard. Continue reading... The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment