Monday 23 January 2017

From NHS Director To Mental Health Inpatient In 10 Days

From NHS Director To Mental Health Inpatient In 10 Days Mental illness will affect 1 in 4 of us during our lifetime and I guess now it’s my turn.

I am recovering from the most terrible depression that ripped the heart and soul out of me. Very unexpectedly an NHS Acute Inpatient ward in Hackney has been my home for the past 12 weeks.

As I have worked in mental health services for 29 years, one would think I would be immune to mental illness. I am a registered mental health nurse with 15 years experience as a clinician and latterly 14 years as a manager and then director. But there is no immunity; mental illness can come out of nowhere and affect anyone at any time. Huffington Post UK

No comments:

Post a Comment