Tuesday 22 November 2016

I had to quit NHS admin – I felt like a workhorse flogged too hard

I had to quit NHS admin – I felt like a workhorse flogged too hard Time-saving technological advancements have bypassed the health service. I was so overworked and stressed that I left

I had recently resigned from a well-paid job when I started working for the NHS in an administrative role. I was happy to be performing a useful service in the interests of a larger social goal, while no longer being required to write strategy documents or meet financial targets. However, in my seven months as a hospital specialty coordinator (a posh term for medical secretary, invented in order to create a sense of potential job progression), I experienced more stress – of several different kinds – than I have ever experienced.

The NHS is 25 years behind the rest of the country in terms of technology and management techniques Continue reading... The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment