Tuesday 19 April 2016

NHS bullying made me want to kill myself and forced me to quit

NHS bullying made me want to kill myself and forced me to quit I will never forget what happened to me and four years on I still suffer trauma whenever I go near the hospital where I once worked

Waking up on a gloomy Monday morning, I was filled instantly with nausea and severe panic. It wasn’t the usual blues one gets at the beginning of a new working week – it was something more sinister and surprising for a woman in her mid 30s. It was the result of 18 months’ worth of workplace bullying in the NHS.

I had worked nearly all my adult life in a hospital setting. I loved all aspects of my job, but patient contact and customer care were the two areas I enjoyed the most. I had good relationships with the people I worked with and the patients I saw on a regular basis. My job was my life and I often worked over my contracted hours for no extra pay because I was dedicated to patient care. Continue reading... The Guardian

See also

No comments:

Post a Comment