Wednesday 20 April 2016

Mental health crisis: 'I've nearly died four times - but no one has helped me'

Mental health crisis: 'I've nearly died four times - but no one has helped me' “I’ve nearly died three or four times,” says Cristina, 23. “From overdosing to trying to commit suicide to self-harm. No one's helped me. I’ve been on a waiting list for therapy for eight months. All the GP can do is prescribe medication but it makes me worse – I don’t want to take it.

“I’ve tried to call my care worker a number of times but they tell me I have to wait. The only support I can access is from the crisis helpline, but by then I’m already thinking about killing myself. I've realised you have to help yourself because no one else will help you. It’s a waiting game.” The Daily Telegraph

No comments:

Post a Comment