Tuesday 15 December 2015

My time as a junior doctor was hell, but it led me to the most rewarding job

My time as a junior doctor was hell, but it led me to the most rewarding job I was controlled, belittled and threatened. Now I’m a consultant my abuser has less power over me

During their training, junior doctors become familiar with the retrospectoscope. This valuable instrument allows the medical practitioner to look back on and reconsider the diagnoses they missed or the medical errors they made. With the retrospectoscope, the lung tumour is blindingly obvious on the chest x-ray.

I have spent the last few months watching the battle between the junior doctors and the government play on while considering whether I support their defiance. I have put my retrospectoscope to good use, to revisit my 18 years of training and shed light on their plight. Continue reading... The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment