Tuesday 24 November 2015

Let's tackle mental health stigma and attract trainees to psychiatry

Let's tackle mental health stigma and attract trainees to psychiatry Demand for psychiatrists is growing but the healthcare community needs to get its own house in order if we are to fill the gaps in recruitment

“I’ve got my life back … thanks.”

Through the clinic window, autumn’s blaze of colour is muted with drizzle and dark skies, but inside I am cast in light. I am privy to a private miracle. A corrosive mental illness that was throttling a life is no longer wreaking havoc. Hope, agency and opportunity has emerged. Career and relationships are reinvigorated and joy has been restored. The grace with which I am shown gratitude moves me profoundly and I reconnect with my sense of mission and purpose as a psychiatrist. Not a bad way to start a Monday. Continue reading... The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment