Wednesday 26 August 2015

People would use the NHS less if they knew the true price tags | The Secret Doctor

People would use the NHS less if they knew the true price tags | The Secret DoctorA survey shows people vastly underestimate NHS costs. If they understood the real expenditure, they might use the service more responsibly

I first learned about the value of equipment in my early years at A&E. A woman had a laceration to her hand and I was happily stitching away and moving on to the second pack of kit. A male nurse from Nigeria obligingly brought me what I needed but he politely commented on my liberal use. “Back home we have to make it last – we don’t have enough to waste.” That has stayed with me ever since.

One of the first steps in saving the NHS has got to be increasing patient understanding of the price tag on treatments Continue reading... The  Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment