Calls for NHS to curb inappropriate antibiotic prescribing Healthcare professionals should encourage sensible use of antibiotics and cut back on unnecessary prescribing of the drugs to help tackle the rise in antibiotic resistance, says NICE.
- RCGP response to new NICE guidelines on antibiotics prescribing Royal College of General Practitioners
- Call to punish GPs over antibiotics BBC News
- 'Soft touch' doctors should be disciplined for over-prescribing antibiotics The Daily Telegraph
- NICE tells GPs to get tough with patients in antibiotic prescribing crackdown GP Online
- 'Soft-touch' doctors write 10m needless prescriptions a year, says Nice The Guardian
- 'Soft touch' GPs told to stop giving antibiotics to pushy patients so as to curb rise of drug-resistant 'superbugs' The Independent