Tuesday 14 April 2015

Humanity lies at the heart of an NHS worth keeping

Humanity lies at the heart of an NHS worth keeping The system is not perfect but the kindness and hope I’ve seen during my training make me excited for a career in medicine.

In less than four months’ time, I will walk on to the wards of a hospital as a doctor for the first time. Fired up and ready to deploy my five years’ worth of learning, experience and acquired wisdom from medical school, I, along with thousands of other colleagues in the same role, will assume my place on the NHS frontline.

When I started university, I was brimming over with enthusiasm about the lifelong career I was embarking on. I was ready to soak up the vast volume of knowledge which would be thrown at me. I had worked through a difficult selection process, I had made it to the beginning and I had no real idea what lay ahead. Continue reading... The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment