Midwife-led units safest for straightforward births More women should be encouraged to give birth at midwife-led units rather than traditional labour wards, says NICE.
- Intrapartum care: care of healthy women and their babies during childbirth (guideline) NICE
- Guidance says home births can be best BBC News
- VIDEO: Home birth 'could be best option' BBC News
- New rules say half of women who give birth don't need to visit labour ward The Daily Mail
- Doctors are not needed at births, says NHS The Daily Telegraph
- Low-risk pregnant women urged to avoid hospital births The Guardian
- New NHS guidance could mean thousands more home births The Independent