Tuesday 18 February 2020

Women As Young As 35 Are Being Denied NHS IVF Because Of Their Age. This Is The Impact

Women As Young As 35 Are Being Denied NHS IVF Because Of Their Age. This Is The Impact Data analysed by HuffPost UK reveals one-in-nine CCGs in England that offer IVF is imposing its own age restrictions on women under 40.

“I won’t ever get to experience carrying a child. I won’t get to have my baby that I grow and that I feel move, and that’s really hard.”

These are the words of Steph Coath, a 38-year-old woman who is unable to access NHS IVF because of her age.

Despite official recommendations stating women should be eligible for IVF up to the age of 42, Steph’s local clinical commissioning group (CCG) has decided it will only offer treatment to women under 35. Huffington Post UK

No comments:

Post a Comment